The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) program, a part of the American Rescue Plan, delivers $350 billion to state, local and Tribal governments across the country to support their response to and recovery from the COVID-19 public health emergency. Let's talk about what SLFRF offers and how you can get the help you need for your community.
Note: This article is provided for informational purposes only. This does not constitute legal or financial advice by PFU America, Inc., its representatives, or its affiliates. Please consult with your professional advisors.
What is SLFRF and who can apply?
The SLFRF program provides state, local and Tribal governments across the United States with the resources to:
- Fight the pandemic and support families and businesses struggling with its public health and economic impacts.
- Maintain vital public services, even amid declines in revenue resulting from the crisis.
- Build a strong, resilient and equitable recovery by making investments that support long-term growth and opportunity.
Source: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds | U.S. Department of the Treasury
Eligible state, territorial, metropolitan city, county, and Tribal governments may request their allocation of SLFRF through the Treasury Submission Portal.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To submit a request for funds on behalf of your jurisdiction, you will need to provide the following information:
- Jurisdiction name, taxpayer ID number, DUNS Number and address
- Authorized representative name, title and email address
- Contact person name, title, phone and email address
- Funds transfer information, including recipient's financial institution, address, phone and routing number and account number
- Completed award terms and conditions (to be signed by the authorized representative)
Jurisdictions must submit a request to receive funding even if they have previously applied for other programs through the Treasury Submission Portal. Qualified organizations will receive further communications regarding the status of their submission via the email address provided in the Treasury Submission Portal.
Source: Request Funding | U.S. Department of the Treasury
How can the funding be used?
Organizations that are awarded SLFRF funds have substantial discretion to use the award funds, as long as the use fits into one of the following four statutory categories:
- Emergency response. Use the funds to respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency or its negative economic impacts.
- Worker compensation. Use the funds to provide premium pay to your workers who perform essential duties during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Budget shortages. Use the funds to provision government services to make up for shortfalls in revenue caused by the COVID–19 public health emergency relative to revenues collected in the most recent full fiscal year before the emergency.
- Infrastructure assistance. Use the funds to make necessary investments in water, sewer or broadband infrastructure.
Source: Federal Register | Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
Going digital can make a difference in your community
These SLFRF funds can go a long way to helping organizations like yours to support your community by turning documents and other paper-based information into actionable, digital assets that authorized users can access anywhere, anytime.
For instance, secure management of citizen information is crucial for state, local and Tribal agencies, from schools to health departments. Imaging solutions can help you organize, share, and store this important data securely. Digitizing can also improve your workflow, so your team can spend less time processing paperwork while maintaining access to secure records for fast response to requests.
You can feel confident implementing our scanning solutions because PFU America, Inc., has been the global imaging leader for decades. Our innovative scanners can:
- Make scanning easy. Our scanners provide efficient paper handling with low jam rates and reduced multi-feeds.
- Improve accuracy. Many of our models include PaperStream Image Processing, which provides best-in-class image enhancement to deliver the best document quality no matter the document type.
- Be dependable. Our scanners have the industry's highest reliability and longest product life, often outlasting the competition by 2 to 4 years.
We especially recommend the compact fi-8170 document scanner, which employs pioneering feeding technologies and proprietary Clear Image Capture (CIC) technology to deliver industry-leading reliability.