This is an accessibility statement from PFU America, Inc.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. PFU America, Inc. Group Websites are partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of PFU America, Inc. Group Websites. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on PFU America, Inc. Group Websites:
We try to respond to feedback within five (5) business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
PFU America, Inc. Group Websites are designed to be compatible with the following browsers and/or assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome - Mobile / Desktop latest version(s)
- Android OS
- Apple Safari - Mobile / Desktop latest version(s)
- Mozilla Firefox - Desktop latest version(s)
- Microsoft Edge
- VoiceOver (MacOS)
- NVDA (Windows)
PFU America, Inc. Group Websites are designed to work on devices between 320px and 1920px wide.
PFU America, Inc. Group Websites are not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer
- Browsers versions or mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of PFU America, Inc. Group Websites relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of PFU America, Inc. Group Websites, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of some known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for PFU America, Inc. Group Websites:
- Content Limitations:
- Videos without Captions (WCAG 1.2.1 – 1.2.3): On the Videos page (https://www.pfu-us.ricoh.com/resources/videos) and within blog some posts, videos do not have captions. These videos are served and embedded via YouTube. We suggest users utilize the Closed Caption feature to display captions as the video plays. For videos without Captions, please use the report issue button to request a script for the video.
- Alternative Text (WCAG 1.1.1 – Non-text Content): Pages throughout the PFU America, Inc. Group Websites utilize images with alternative text when appropriate. There may be unintentional cases where content authors neglect to add alternative text to images that need them. If you observe cases of images that need captions or alterative text, please contact and notify us.
- Markup Structure (WCAG 1.3.1 – Info & Relationships): Pages are constructed with proper document structure and semantic markup wherever possible. However, since the PFU America, Inc. Group Websites are editable in a Content Management System (CMS), there may be unintentional cases where content authors neglect to add specific markup to body copy pages, or set incorrect heading levels on headlines. When we observe these issues, we address them in the CMS. If you observe cases of images that need captions or alterative text, please contact and notify us.
- Animations (WCAG 2.2.2 – Pause / Stop / Hide): Animations on product home page and product category pages will automatically play. There is no manual way to pause these animations at the moment.
- We have issued a minor fix to at least disable autoplaying when the user has “prefers reduce motion” enabled on their device. This fix is scheduled for release on April 12, 2023. To disable the autoplaying feature, enable your device to “Prefers Reduce Motion”. For more information on enabling this setting, see this article: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-reduced-motion
- External Dependencies: PFU America, Inc. Group Websites cannot validate, account for, remediate or actively test code that is managed or implemented via third parties. Any feature, widget or snippet that is injected or managed by these third parties are subject to that third party’s design and code standards.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following features:
- Video Embeds
- Product Reviews
- Where To Buy
- eCommerce Functionality
- Web Analytics & Conversion Tracking
- Embedded Contact Forms
Additionally, there may be references and links to sites that are owned by other affiliates within the PFU or Ricoh group of companies that we do not have control over and cannot alter.
This statement was created on 12 April 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.