This month we’re welcoming the next generation of our top-selling scanner—the same line of document imaging products that have already sold more than one million units! By taking the time to speak with our customers, visiting worksites and gathering feedback, our engineers created a scanner that can solve real-world problems and help you achieve your digital transformation, sustainability and efficiency goals.
With technology backed by 32 pending patents, the fi-8170 is set to truly revolutionize the document imaging market. This new series of scanners include innovative and industry-first features to help organizations digitize workflows and leverage data that previously only existed on paper. It starts with our exclusive, proprietary Clear Image Capture (CIC) technology, which gives the fi-8170 the ability to deliver exceptional image quality. CIC delivers precise, crisp images that drive industry-leading Optical Character Recognition (OCR) accuracy rates. Plus, CIC can remove unwanted document watermarks and artifacts.
We designed the fi-8170 to include flexible connectivity options. You can use a traditional USB connection or scan straight to your application, whether that be on-premises or in a private or public cloud. By using the included PaperStream NX Manager 2.0, you won’t need a PC at every scanner location. NX Manager is an on-premises server-based software that can support up to 1000 scanners, providing flexible distribution and manageable security.
In my next post, I’ll take an in-depth look at several of the newest features in the fi-8170 and why they are so helpful. But today I want to highlight the wide range of documents the scanner can process. Users can accurately capture and digitize information such as customer and employee data, applications, invoices, receipts, and more. Moreover, cumbersome items like passports and booklets up to 7mm are easily processed. It’s ideal for every scanning need in public sector agencies, finance, healthcare, legal, higher education, manufacturing and retail.
Even better, the fi-8170 can easily integrate with most leading document management systems—such as Laserfiche, Microsoft SharePoint, and more—to keep workflows organized in the cloud.
Beyond Clear Image Capture and integrations, the fi-8170 features:
- Manual Feed Mode. This feature lets you feed and scan forms, glued papers, and A3 size, bi-folded documents. You can scan passports and booklets up to 7 mm without the hassle of “sandwiching” them between carrier sheets.
- Automatic Separation Control. A true industry first, this feature combined with the large capacity tray allows for high volume scanning of up to 100 sheets at a time and 70 sheets per minute. No more misfeeds or interruptions mid-scan!
- Document Position Monitoring. Our new Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection (ISOP) technology “listens” for abnormal sounds (such as paper wrinkling) and immediately stops the scanner if detected, protecting documents from damage.
- Multi-Feed Detection. Now it’s easier to scan batches that include mixed document types. Thick plastic cards and documents with stickers, photos, or adhesive labeling are automatically detected, so you don’t have to switch profiles according to document type.
- Overscan Control. The fi-8170 can detect skewed documents that are in danger of being damaged and ensures that all data is captured, eliminating the potential for missed data.
Want to learn more?