If you’re a CPA, you’re embarking on another challenging tax season, with the extra stress of a global pandemic. You’ve got to handle vast quantities of paper for clients: tax forms, pay stubs, receipts, banking/stock market records, and client identification cards and documents. And it’s never been more important to offer clients the opportunity to skip the in-person presentation of the shoebox full of receipts.
Recently, during our new scanner announcement webcast, Jay Kimelman, CEO and Founder at The Digital CPA, told us how he uses a ScanSnap scanner to reduce the time he spends on inputting receipts and improve the workflow for his clients. By using his ScanSnap in concert with Hubdoc and Xero, he now has more time to dedicate to supporting his clients and growing his practice. He and many other accounting firms have gone the extra mile for their customers, providing them with their very own ScanSnap to make digitizing for tax season as easy as can be.
Our latest models, the ScanSnap iX1600 and the ScanSnap iX1400, can help you:
• Save time by quickly digitizing your files
Improve data accuracy by eliminating manual data entry.
• Improve workflow with seamless integrations with popular accounting and office management software
• Securely transfer your scanned data to the cloud so you, your employees, and your customers can access their data from anywhere
Beyond the benefits above, the main point is that using ScanSnap with your accounting software allows you to increase your overall productivity, level of customer service, and the quality of the services you provide. This allows you to increase the number of clients you serve without having to add additional resources and ultimately reduce your expenses while increasing your revenue.
Innovative and intuitive
If your business is growing or your clients have paper-intensive tax cases, the ScanSnap iX1600 is the one for you. From the touchscreen to automated image correction and ultra-sonic feed detection, this scanner makes it easy to be productive.
One of the many great functions of this full-featured scanner is called deviceless scanning. This means that you do not need to open your computer or mobile device to coordinate where you want the scanned image to go. When you set up a profile, you can simply indicate which cloud service you’d like to scan into. You also get ScanSnap Cloud with the iX1600, which works with popular accounting services like Xero, Hubdoc, and other platforms like Google Drive, Box and more.
One-button scanning simplicity
For a one-touch experience anyone can use, check out the ScanSnap iX1400. Scan with a single touch of the button, with no compromise on performance or image quality. This classic desktop model makes it easy to capture all sizes of documents, from small pieces like receipts and photo prints to legal documents.
How else can these ScanSnap scanners help your firm?
- Make your documents fully searchable. You can do this two ways: either create a searchable PDF profile that initiates OCR during the scanning process or use ScanSnap Home after documents have been scanned.
- Scan documents to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. ScanSnap maintains the original document formatting while converting the image into an editable file.
- Scan receipts using ScanSnap Home. ScanSnap Home can recognize the vendor, total amount, and tax, making reconciliation a breeze.
Finally, both models are the fastest ScanSnap scanners ever, with a 33% speed boost from the previous generation. Fast, easy to use, intelligent, and automatic: ScanSnap makes digitization less taxing!